Sheridan Slater, Agent
Get in touch!
Get the Membership Advantage
Get Farm Bureau Insurance®
Virginia Farm Bureau Insurance® prides itself on providing our members and policyholders with genuine personal service and fast claims processing. By maintaining an expansive network of local agents across the state, we can better serve you, because we live and work in our local communities.
Sheridan started with Farm Bureau in 2007. He was raised in upstate New York, but has now lived in the Chesapeake area since 1991. Sheridan is a graduate of Utica School of Commerce, a private Business College in upstate NY and Trinity College with a BS in Business Administration. Sheridan has also owned businesses in both NY and Virginia and currently owns Hair by Mardie & Co. with his wife, Cyndi. In Sheridan’s free time, he enjoys spending time with his Grandchildren, attending church activities and is a major sports enthusiast.
Interests & Links
Below are some links to websites as well as some of my interests:
- Current Weather Conditions Across The 48 Contiguous United States
- Your National Forecast Summary
- Video: Your 3-Day National Weather Forecast
- Severe Weather Alerts Across The Nation
- Airport Impact Map
Virginia Dep't of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Virginia Board of Agriculture and Consumer Services to Meet December 11 in Richmond
- Deck the Halls with Real, Virginia Grown Trees this Holiday Season
- Virginia Crop Production Report
- Governor McAuliffe Announces November as Virginia Oyster Month
- Virginia Celebrates Farm-To-School Week, November 10-14
Products & Services
The Advantage Blog
How to Prep for a Road Trip in 8 Steps
Updated: July 28, 2014
The Great American Road Trip is what you make of it, whether it be three days or three weeks. Of course, we all prefer to make the most of the good times rather than the hiccups. Here are some road trip tips to keep you rolling along!
- A good road trip starts at your mechanic’s shop. Get the car checked out by a trusted source to preempt any serious issues and top off fluids. Make sure the spare tire is serviceable in case of emergency.
- Make sure your insurance coverage is sufficient. Your local Virginia Farm Bureau Insurance agent can make sure your coverage is up to date and just what you need.
- Get the app. You can find mobile device apps for the closest mechanic, best gas prices, traffic, and more that can answer questions in advance.
- Join a roadside assistance service— you never know where your tire will find a nail.
- Pack a real map. This is both for the fun of tracing your route and because you’ll inevitably hit spots where your GPS isn’t accurate or cell phone signal fails.
- Give your car a break now and then. Check your tire pressure every day, and remember that your car works harder going over big mountains. Watch your gauges for any trouble signs.
- Inform someone of your itinerary, even when it changes.
- Stay safe in the driver’s seat. Build in lots of rest steps and avoid driving so long that your eyes glaze over. After all, half the fun is stopping to see the World’s Largest Artichoke!
Best wishes from all of us at Virginia Farm Bureau—we hope your summer road trip is the perfect combination of good planning and good surprises.